Today I am back with yet another book tag but hold on – this one is not at all like other book tags. Why you may ask? Because Books and Tea Leaves has hit a milestone and has been nominated by BooksPoemsClouds to do the Mystery Blogger Award, originally created by Okoto Enigma. For those of you just joining the blog I should point out that normally I’m not nominated to do tags as my blog is only just starting out. So you can imagine I am very excited. So thank you BooksPoemsClouds for recognizing my humble blog with your nomination. 🙂 It’s very much appreciated!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So, now that I have shared the rules of the said tag let’s get under way! 🙂
Three Things About Me:
- I like to dream big and by that I mean big – gigantic. Some people think my dreams and aspirations are impossible but to that I say anything is possible. I want, more than anything to work as an actress (I have already put steps in place to work to achieve that goal); I love to act and besides reading and writing it is my favorite thing to do in the world. I’d also love to one day be a published author and, among acting am considering studying journalism. I have hundreds of projects floating around in my head – some I have even began planning, others jotted down as mind maps and a few rare diamonds I have already begun writing (one is in fact fully planned and plotted and I am currently half way through the second draft 😀 ).
- I am a hopeless romantic and old fashioned in my notions of romance. Maybe that comes from a love of classic literature and “Old Hollywood” films but I am a sucker for long courtships, romantic strolls and gallantry. If a man treats me like a Lady and acts the gentlemen I practically melt. So all you guys out there – open doors for your partner and treat her like the jewel she is. The way to our hearts is through just treating us with respect.
- I have a pet bunny named Buneary (Yes that is a Pokemon name and yes I am a nerd. I was thirteen when he was born and my brother at eleven loved Pokemon.) and he lives in the house just like a cat or small dog and I love to snuggle up and read with him.
- Casey over at Adoptabookaus
- Stevie over at SteviesBookShelf
- Kaitlin over at LiberAmoris
- Nina Scribbles over at LooseLeafBooks
- Sarah over at WrittenWordWorlds
- Amanda over at Cover2CoverMom
- Brittney over at HerBookishThings
- Sam over at Sam’sLifeInBooks
- And finally Lauren at WonderlessReviews
- AS WELL AS ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD LOVE TO TAKE PART 🙂
1. Who’s your favorite actor/actress?
Where do I even begin? I have many! There are actors and actress that I respect, admire and look up to – those which, if given the opportunity I would love to work with and those I find just dang hot. Some of my favorite actors and actresses include but are not limited to; Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Lilly Collins, Lily James, Emma Watson, Dan Stevens and Christopher Reeve.
2. What countries have you traveled to, and what countries have you yet to visit that you wish to visit?
I have road tripped across my own country, Australia as well as the ever beautiful United States of America. I plan to travel back to the USA next year to some of my favorite destinations such as New York and Los Angeles but I’d also love to travel across Europe. I hope that before my time is up I can travel all over the world as I believe travel gives us countless experiences and helps us grow and mature.
3. How many books did you read in 2016?
I read a grand total of 55 books this year completing my goodreads reading challenge of 50 books though next year I know I can read much more. According to goodreads, I’ve read 22,163 pages with my shortest being ‘Yellow Brick War’ by Danielle Page at 270 pages and my longest being ‘Queen of Shadows’ by Sarah J. Maas at 645 pages.
4. What type of music do you listen to, and what song(s) is/are your favorite?
I don’t have a favorite type nor do I have any favorite songs- I just have songs of the moment. I love most genres but the music that is constantly being added to my playlists is anything by Lana Del Rey because she is my queen, anything Disney because Disney is life (besides who can resist belting out the chorus to ‘Colors of the Wind’ or getting down to ‘The Lion King’ or ‘Tangled’?) as well as Taylor Swift but really I love listening to film soundtracks and scores. Nothing beats the score to ‘Titanic’ or ‘The Great Gatsby’.
5. Weird Question: If your hair could be any color, what color would you choose (minus the usual black, brown, or blond, and shades of those colors)?
Easy – Red. Red all the way 😉
Questions For My Nominees:
- Who is your favorite villain -book, film or both – and why? What makes them a good villain? Why do they resonate with you?
- What is currently playing on your ipod? Why do you like it?
- Who is your favorite character from J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World and why? What makes them your favorite character? Why do they resonate with you?
- Would you considering writing either a novel, short story, poem or article? Why or why not?
- What were you top five reads of 2016? Who would you recommend them for?
- A random fact that we might not know about yourself?
So there you have it my fellow book lovers – yet another book tag and my first time having been nominated so thank you again BooksPoemsClouds for the nomination. If I left you out when nominating don’t be discouraged – I didn’t have time to nominate all of you so feel free to take part and answer my question. Just please tag me or let me know so I can come and check it out 🙂 . I’ll have a new book review coming soon but until then – happy reading!
Love Lex xxoo